Erin & Kirby

Erin & Kirby

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Where it all began...the magic of Facebook!

Our relationship seemingly started with a harmless little message on Facebook back in March of 2008. Erin and I had known each other back in high school due to some mutual friends and interests, such as tennis. In fact, truth be told, I did have a crush on Erin back in high school, but was just too damn shy to do anything about it! That was 1990. Jump ahead 18 years, and that harmless little email to reconnect as friends turned out to be the beginning of a very beautiful relationship!

What started out as a few short sentences back and forth quickly grew to pages upon pages of emails back and forth between us. It was during this time that I knew there might be something more to this than just a friendship. At some point in late April we started talking on the phone. And boy did we talk! One night we talked on the phone ALL night. For Erin it wasnt so bad because at the time she did not have to get up for work, but I was not so lucky! When the alarm went off the next morning, I told Erin that it was time for me to get up and get ready for work. What a day! Almost fell asleep at my desk several times, but I would not have traded that night for anything.

Finally I convinced Erin to meet up and go out. Wow that took a lot of work! I think I probably owe a thanks to Kim E. as I think she put in a few good words for me. Thanks Kim! So on May 3rd, 2008, we had our first date. And what a date it was!

2 comments:

  1. Hello! I went to school with Erin..and she gave me the address to your blog. What a sweet, sweet first post. It's been 11 years, but back when my husband and I were dating we used to stay on the phone for hours like that too. You brought back fond memories of what dating is like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the start of your blog. You two are in for such a happy life together, since you already started off on the right foot!! Hours of conversations, couldn't get much better than that! Congratulations to both of you!

    p.s. I played vb and tennis with Erika. Erin was a wee little girl when I knew her and she has grown up into a beautiful young woman!


    Amy (Miller) Neely

    ReplyDelete